Yesterday I was up for a partee. I just felt like that you know, for no reason, just in the mood. I was dusting and organizing my recipe books then I found this cool Sangria book (Mittie Hellmich). And on the cover it says “Fun and festive” Then I thought Oh yeah baby! I’m feelin’t, fun and festive could be my middle name. So of course I had to find somethin, somethin to go with this cool sangria, right? And Fajitas sounded awesome. So here it is… I totally recommend that for a middle of the week dinner.
- 2 cups of kumquats sliced
- 2 limes sliced
- 1 vanilla bean cut in half
- 3 ounces of Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoon of Agaves syrup or sugar
- 750ml bottle of white wine chilled
In a large glass pitcher, combine the Kumquats, limes, vanilla bean, Grand Marnier, and Agave or sugar. With a wood spoon muddle the mixture to release the fruit juice and dissolve the sugar. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
When ready to serve, slowly add the wine. Fill the wineglasses with ice cubes and pour the sangria over the ice. Allowing the Kumquats to fall into the glasses.
- 1 lb of skirt steak
- 1large red onion sliced with the grain
- 2 large bell peppers sliced into half-inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ jalapeno finely sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and Pepper