Baby Zucchini and Shrimp Salad

by Anna on May 26, 2010

in Salads,Seafood,Vegetarian

Lets talk a little bit about names… yes the burning question, should I put my name all over the web? And my answer to that is… YES absolutely! And I’ll tell you why; when I go to other blogs and I see eye-popping deliciousness, I want to tell you how pretty and yummy your dish look. But sometimes I’m looking for your name and I can’t find it. Because you probably thought putting your name in the front page of your blog would attract web hoodlums. You are probably right. Can’t be safe enough anywhere… I know. But how about creating a nickname, or a fictitious name. That would help, because you know, I like to get personal, I like to think that we could be friends (cyber friends) at least. Now the picture…. Oh boy! It took me almost two years to finally come to terms with it and post my picture in my about page. First I’m extremely shy; second I’m a bit paranoid, and worst of it all, now that you know my face you can probably catch me in some not so glamorous burger joints, eating some triple pork delicious burger with a side of oily (but Oh so good) French-fries. What? Who? Wow…that would be embarrassing. But to prove to you that most of the time I’m actually at my best behavior, I have this yummy salad with baby zucchinis and shrimp to show you. Enjoy.

Baby Zucchini and Shrimp Salad

• 1 pound of shrimp
  • 1-tablespoon good olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Red chili flakes
  • Baby Roma tomatoes
  • ½ pound baby zucchinis thinly sliced with a mandolin

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and clean the shrimp, Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, pepper and red chili flakes, spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. In another tray put the baby Roma tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt and roast for 8 to 10 minutes.

For the Citrus Aioli:

• 2/3-cup mayonnaise
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1-teaspoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4-teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.

Lori May 31, 2010 at 6:44 AM

I completely agree. I really enjoy faces and names with blogs. I understand the apprehension, but in this day and age we are so exposed anyway that a name and a face on a blog aren’t going to make things much worse. I think it is a must if you want to create any type of brand and do work via the web (writing, blogging, etc.) Beautiful salad! Such simple and flavorful ingredients. It just screams summer. :)
.-= Lori´s last blog ..Links to a Healthy Weekend =-.

Anna May 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Oh boy! Jenn LOTR??? I’m sorry it’s cloudy there, here all of a sudden is a bit cold…I don’t get it…it’s almost June, it’s California, what’s going on with the world???? :-D

Anna May 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Oh Stella, Thank you. You know, my wordpress program is testing my patience….Some friends sometimes can’t post a comment, on the other hand I get loads of spam trying to sell DVDs. It’s soooooooo annoying. What to do? o.0

Jenn May 28, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Hi Anna,
that young zucchini sign is great. For some reason I’m remembering…. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers… when Smeagol gets some “rabbits” and says “they are young, they are tender, they are nice!”. Of course… how many people would equate that sign with LOTR??? *whistles…* lol.
But this looks soooooooooooooooooo good!!! As always. Looks like edible summer. Wish it were so here… because it looks like crap outside :(
btw, you look fantastic! Love the free-spirit look and the beach in the background :)
xoxo
.-= Jenn´s last blog ..On the opposite end of the spectrum… =-.

Stella May 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM

Hey Anna, I tried to leave a comment here last night, and it wouldn’t let me for some reason.
Anyway, this is beautiful food. And shrimp is my favorite, so I’m really tempted to go buy some and make something similar. By the way, I love your about me photo and area. You looks sweet and warm, not paranoid. I believe you though, as I have a bit of that going on…
Stella

wannafoodie May 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

This just looks so wonderful and fresh. I’m addicted to baby zucchini, as I always seem to be this time of year… and I think I have all of these ingredients in my house right now. I think I know what I’m having for dinner!

HoneyB May 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

This looks delicious! A great light summer evening meal!
.-= HoneyB´s last blog ..Don’t breathe on me………please! =-.

sarah May 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM

This looks delicious. My kids would pick out all the shrimp first. That is the freshest looking zucchini I have every seen.
.-= sarah´s last blog ..Whisk Love =-.

Anna May 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Thanks Chrystal, i’m glad to find you too. That was a lovely drink. :-D

The Duo Dishes May 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM

This is a beautiful, colorful dish. Green and red are two colors that really work well on the same plate. Glad to have found your blog!
.-= The Duo Dishes´s last blog ..Here’s to Good Booze =-.

Anna May 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Thanks Erica, it’s being a long time since I paint something, I miss it need to find time to go back to it. It’s very relaxing.

Anna May 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Thanks Joumana, I’m glad I found your site, everything looks great. :-)

Marly May 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Everything looks so delicious, well, except for the shrimp (Im vegan). I love the pics of the farmer’s market. Very nice post!
.-= Marly´s last blog ..A Man Without a Name =-.

5 Star Foodie May 27, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Wonderful summer salad, the combo of zucchini, tomatoes, and shrimp sounds terrific!
.-= 5 Star Foodie´s last blog ..Alouette Extra Creamy Brie Review and Giveaway =-.

Erica May 27, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I love your picture,Anna! It is nice to see who is behind this wonderful blog and delicious recipes. This salad looks amazing.Fantastic pictures.

P.S. Your art is amazing…..Love it, love it and love it :)

tasteofbeirut May 27, 2010 at 5:18 AM

This salad is what just perfect about summer, light and with a touch of heat to make things interesting.

Sommer @ A Spicy Perspective May 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I want your salad…and your table!

Belinda @zomppa May 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM

What a lovely and refreshing salad!
.-= Belinda @zomppa´s last blog ..Photo of the Day: We Need Your Vote!! =-.

The Cilantropist May 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Haha, this post was too cute. And the salad was even cuter, with those adorable baby zucchinis! And citrus aioli to boot? I am sold. :)
.-= The Cilantropist´s last blog ..Fresh Berries with Limoncello and Lemon-Honey Yogurt =-.

citronetvanille May 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Ok I want that for dinner please, such a lovely combination of flavors! beautiful beautiful photo!

HeatherFeather May 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

This looks amazing! So colorful and I love all of the ingredients.
.-= HeatherFeather´s last blog ..Grilled Steak Dinner.. this is healthy eating? Really!! =-.